I’d intended to post about the Fort McAllister bombardment today. But I was called in for some unexpected chores at work. So that post will wait for another day. In the meantime, please check the Civil War Navy Sesquicentennial site for an article on the bombardment of Fort McAllister.
- November 24, 1861: The day the Potomac ran red with blood at Lowe’s Island
- Summary Statement: December 31, 1862 – Independent Illinois Batteries and “Others”
- Coffee Mill Guns? Or Woodruff Guns? What did Battery K, 1st Illinois tote on Grierson’s Raid?
- Fortification Friday: Bastion Forts are the preferred, yet most complex simple “intrenchements”
- Navigation updates, new menus and pages
Follow on Networked Blogs
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
From the Gun
- 982,915 visits