The Brandy Station Foundation has announced its popular seminar series 2011 schedule:
- April 17 – “Keeping Time in the Civil War” – Art Candenquist
- May 29 – “The Botched Battle of Bristoe Station” – Todd Burkoff
- June 26 – “The Crossing of the Potomac – Edwards Ferry” – Craig Swain
- July 31 – Joe McKinney – Subject to be selected
- August 28 – “24 Hours At Manassas Junction – August 27, 1862” Jackson’s Raid on Manassas Junction – Mark Trbovich
- September 25 – “Orange & Alexandria Railroad – A Virtual Ride” – Chuck Siegel
- October 30 – Speaker and topic to be selected
Events are held on the last Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. at the Graffiti House, 19484 Brandy Road, Brandy Station, Va 22714. There is no charge for attendance, but donations to aid further restorations of the Graffiti House are encouraged.
So visitors get a “two for the price of one” here, visit the house to take in the recently uncovered graffiti and then stay for the presentations!
I’ll present on the Edwards Ferry crossing by the Army of the Potomac in June, on the anniversary of that crossing. Sort of convenient in a way, I guess, offering a segway from the first battle of the campaign into a key event along the course of the campaign.